MUSIC CITY TRANSPORT
For reliable shipping, we are playing your song.
Safety is the bedrock of Music City Transport.
As a small family run Owner / Operator we only handle dry van live loads.
We provide services to the lower 48 and Southern Canada.
We use modern equipment that limits our down-time, reduces equipment failure and maximizes the time we have on the road. This translates to happy customers with fewer supply chain interruptions.
We are able to give real-time information about the status of freight by putting you in direct contact with the driver.
In 2020 the trucking industry was responsible for the majority of the overland freight movement in the United States with a GDP of 732.2 billion. The top two carriers (Swift/Knight and JB Hunt) represent about 5% of the freight; the other 95% is made up of owner-operators.
Industry projections through 2023
The ATA projections estimate an increase in the driver shortage from 60,000 to 100,000 through Q4 2023 due to low numbers of new drivers entering the trade and large numbers of aging drivers leaving the trade. Combined with the increased numbers of overall freight; there is significant opportunity for new entrants.